Credentials That Show Our Commitment
While awards and recognitions are nice, our greatest honor is caring for people like you — residents of Greater Grand Rapids who trust us with their health. It's a responsibility we take very seriously, and one we hope you'll let us continue for years to come.
Many organizations, accreditation bodies and individuals have recognized our commitment to exceptional care:
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's metabolic and bariatric surgery program in the region has earned accreditation as a Comprehensive Center from the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, or MBSAQIP. Mercy Health Saint Mary’s received the designation in partnership with Grand Health Partners. Read the GRBJ story >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health AnalyticsTM, a leading provider of data-driven analytics and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. Read the News Release >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary’s earned an ‘A’ Grade for Patient Safety in Leapfrog’s Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. 2015 Marks the Fourth Consecutive Year that Mercy Health Saint Mary’s has Earned an ‘A,’ One of Only Four Michigan Hospitals To Do So. Read the News Release >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's has received the Get With The Guidelines® – Heart Failure Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology Foundation’s secondary prevention guidelines for patients with heart failure. Read the News Release >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's was named 2015 Most Wired, according to results of the 17th annual HealthCare’s Most Wired™ survey, released by the American Hospital Association’s Health Forum and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME). Most Wired Hospitals Focus on Security and Patient Engagement. Read the News Release >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's has received the American Heart Association (AHA) Get With The Guidelines® Gold Plus and Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award for exceeding standards of performance in stroke diagnoses and treatment as identified by the AHA. Hospitals become eligible to receive this award based on their commitment to establishing the best patient care, according to the most recent research and findings in science that are highlighted in national guidelines.
Read the News Release >
Read the Mlive.com story >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's was named by U.S. News & World Report Among Nation’s High Performing Hospitals in Heart Failure and COPD. Read the News Release >
- The Birth Center at Mercy Health Saint Mary's has been recognized by the Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) for achieving one of the highest reported rates in the state for its work to protect newborns from hepatitis B virus infection. Read the News Release >
- The Joint Commission notified Mercy Health Saint Mary's that it earned re-certification in Advanced Inpatient Diabetes, after a length onsite visit from the commission. The hospital had first received this certification in 2011, becoming one of only 80 hospitals in the nation, and one of only two in Michigan to do so. Read the News Release >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for its Total Shoulder Certification by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for health care quality and safety. Mercy Health Saint Mary's is the first in the state of Michigan and only the 20th Total Shoulder Certification in the country to earn this accreditation. Learn more >
- Our Mercy Health Hauenstein Neurosciences multidisciplinary MS Program has been officially recognized as a Partner in MS Care, the first step in becoming a Center for Comprehensive Care, through the National MS Society’s Partners in MS Care program. This formal recognition honors the commitment of Mercy Health to providing exceptional coordinated, comprehensive MS care; and a continuing partnership with the National MS Society to address the challenges of people affected by MS. Learn more >
- Mercy Health Saint Mary's made Becker's Hospital Review's Top 100 list for Patient Engagement in May 2014. The national ranking evaluated all 3,077 U.S. hospitals' engagement efforts based on an analysis of publicly available data, including readmissions, patient satisfaction and the extent to which organizations offered information and tools that help engage patients in self care. Read more about the criteria and see the full list >
Mercy Health Saint Mary's earned the Advanced Certification in Heart Failure (ACHF) from The Joint Commission in February 2014, becoming the first hospital in the area and only the second in the state to do so. According to The Joint Commission, this advanced certification is granted only to hospitals that provide safe, high quality of care, treatment, and services to their patients with heart failure. Learn more >
Watch the WZZM 13 TV story >
Mercy Health Saint Mary's achieved Exemplar status in 2014 for its NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) program. NICHE is the premier designation indicating a hospital's commitment to excellence in the care of patients 65-years-and-older, and Mercy Health Saint Mary's has been a NICHE hospital since 2010. Nationally, fewer than 30 hospitals have earned this status. Learn more >
Read the Mlive.com story >
Mercy Health Saint Mary's earned Magnet® Designation on May 15, 2013 for Nursing excellence. Magnet Hospitals have improved patient care, safety and satisfaction; and ability to attract and retain top talent. Learn more about this important designation >
Mercy Health Saint Mary's Labor & Delivery Department was awarded the 2012 Grand Rapids Celebrated Service Award. Read more >
- The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® (IBLCE) and International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA) recognized our Birthing Center for excellence in lactation care in April 2012. Learn more >
The Comprehensive Breast Center at Mercy Health Lacks Cancer Center is the only Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence in Michigan by the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program, joining the ranks of the national leaders in breast health. We are also an American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. In addition, we are endorsed by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Mercy Health Saint Mary's Radiology department is certified by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO).
Mercy Health Lacks Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
Mercy Health Lacks Cancer Center is a Tomotherapy "Center of Excellence."
Mercy Health Saint Mary's antibiotic team received the Infection Control Innovation Award from American Health Consultants.