Respiratory Care Services
Respiratory Care Services provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services that are therapeutic and diagnostic in nature. The scope of services covers neonatal, pediatric and adult populations as well as providing services at several nursing homes.
- Nebulizer therapy
- Supervised inhaler therapy
- Percussion and postural drainage
Arterial Blood Gas Lab:
- Drawing and analysis of arterial blood gases and co-oximetry values (hemoglobin, saturation and carbon monoxide) STAT lab can provide results of sodium, potassium, chloride, ionized calcium, lactate and glucose.
- The STAT lab services are to be utilized on unstable patients when the results are needed in less than 40 minutes. Examples: cardiac arrests, newly intubated patients and hemodynamically unstable patients.
Mechanical ventilation for adult, pediatric and neonatal patients include options of flow-by and pressure control ventilation.
CPAP/BiPAP via nasal or face mask are available for patients with respiratory failure or with sleep apnea/ denaturation problems.
Hemodynamic monitoring and assisting with insertions is a shared service with Nursing services.
Bedside diagnostic services include sleep saturation studies to screen for patterns of:
- Sleep obstruction
- Bedside pulmonary function testing for pre-operative screening and monitoring of ventilatory functions in patients with neuro-muscular diagnosis
Transtracheal Oxygen Therapy is the placement of a catheter through the trachea for delivery of oxygen to long-term patients. We are a regional transtracheal center and provide education and follow-up care to the patients who receive transtracheal catheters.
Referral and General Information
To schedule an appointment, call:
Hours: 8 a.m.–2:30 p.m., Monday–Friday
Phone: 616-685-6422 or 616-685-6178, or have the hospital operator (616-685-6090) page the respiratory therapist on duty
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week
Speakers available for respiratory-related topics. Call for more information.
Phone: 616-685-6422 or 616-685-6178