IRS Form 990 Schedule H
Saint Mary's Health Care is a not-for-profit hospital that operates to further our healing ministry. We do this by:
- Reinvesting our profits back into the communities through various programs and services.
- Making sure that necessary medical care is available to everyone — regardless of his or her ability to pay.
- Using compassion as the cornerstone our work to improve the health of our communities. Patients and their families are always treated as people first — attending to the needs of the whole person — body, mind, and spirit.
- Providing a range of special benefits to the community, such as programs to manage care for persons with chronic diseases, health education and disease prevention initiatives, outreach for the elderly, and care for persons who are poor or uninsured.
The IRS grants us tax exemption as a "charitable, community-oriented organization." Without this status, we could not continue to deliver the same level of community benefits that are so important and necessary.
The federal government ruled that health care entities like ours report their community benefit programs. This includes a wide array of activities and services that need to be categorized and explained — in detail — on a form called "990 Schedule H." This document requires us to report information on:
- Charity care (financial assistance) and other community benefits
- Community building activities
- Medicare, bad debt and collection practices
- Management companies and joint ventures
- Facilities comprising the organization
View Saint Mary's Health Care's IRS Form Schedule H.