Asthma Education and Support Services
The goal of Saint Mary's Asthma Education and Support Services is to prepare the asthma patient and family to become a full partner with his/her doctor in the control and management of his/her asthma.
Patients who complete Saint Mary's Asthma Education and Support Services will:
- Recognize that "asthma control is the goal"
- Understand their asthma triggers
- Participate with their doctor in making and following an effective asthma management plan
Community Asthma Education Opportunities
- Small group setting; opportunity for discussion and questions
- Monthly asthma two hour class
- Target audience:
- Parents of children with asthma
- Adults with asthma
- Persons with personal interest in asthma management
Teen Talk Asthma
A popular Saturday teen program (ages 12 and over) that is offered twice a year. Teens and their friends spend time participating in a session where facts about asthma are woven with feelings about asthma and discussed by the participants.
Children's Asthma Workshop
This is a popular Saturday program for children ages 6 to 11 and their parents that is offered twice a year. The workshop capitalizes on children's ability to learn early and includes a lot of information about their asthma and how to help be in charge of it. A fun way to learn "small size" asthma information.
Individual Asthma Education and Support
One-on-one education and support services with physician referral.
Saint Mary's Asthma Education and Support Services presents content and material consistent with the Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma (National Institutes of Health, Publication No. 97-4051).